The honesty of many politicians has never been questioned. In fact, it has rarely been mentioned.
A woman in Arizona married so late in life that Medicare paid for her honeymoon.
America is always a land of promise in an election year.
• Continental Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence and John Hancock signed it on July 4, 1776. Button Gwinnett signed the document later.
• Scientists set off the first atomic bomb near Alamogordo, New Mexico on July 16, 1945.
• From the Gwinnett Atlas, July 26, 1871: “The Globe Hotel in Lawrenceville has ample room for the accommodation of families.”
• On July 22, 1864 during the Battle of Atlanta James B. McPherson was shot out of the saddle by a confederate soldier.
• From The Gwinnett Journal, May 26, 1934: “Last Tuesday, May 18, thirty- two seniors graduated from Lawrenceville High School. Miss Jeweldean Jones and Miss Rebecca Alford won the distinction of being Valedictorian and Salutatorian.”
ROBBIE SUSAN MOORE FOUNDATION FOR EDUCATION, INC. FASHION SHOW
This event was held at Salem Missionary Baptist Church on July 9, 2016 from 4 until 8 pm. and featured a silent auction. The church is at 315 Killian Hill Road, Lilburn and tickets are $15, present your ticket at this event for your chance to win a $100 gift card. For more information contact Rubye Neal 770-277-5123. Local ladies will model and proceeds will be used for scholarships for Gwinnett students
*Hooper-Renwick School has been closed and there will be a final celebration of its history on Saturday September 10, 2016. The event will be from 4-8 pm. Dinner is $45 per person. Send reservations to Hooper-Renwick P.O. Box 464584, Lawrenceville, Ga. 30042. Reservations should be in by July 15, 2016.
ANNUAL LAWRENCEVILLE REUNION
The annual Lawrenceville High school Reunion was held on July 9, 2016 at the Lawrenceville First Baptist Church Family Life Center.
A large number of friends and relatives gathered at Heritage Hall on the campus of Salem Missionary Baptist Church in Lilburn to celebrate this milestone birthday with Annie B. Bailey. This beautiful lady was born in the Gloster Community and spent most of her 100 years of life in Lilburn. Annie B. now lives in Tucker near her nephew Gregory Bailey who cares for her. Best wishes to a lady who has lived a full life in Gwinnett County.