Lasik: the benefit/cost ratio
By Richard Carlin, MD
In making a decision, it often comes down to the benefit vs. the cost. Is our desire for something we want worth its cost? Let’s look at Lasik, an in-office procedure alternative to wearing glasses or contact lenses and check its benefit/cost ratio.
Here are Dr. Richard Carlin’s thoughts, founder of CarlinVision - the largest and most experienced eye care practice in Gwinnett:
3. Convenience: I commonly hear how nice it is to no longer run out of contact lenses or have to stop at the store for more solutions. Patients enjoy not having to keep eye glasses clean or come to the optician for adjustments.
4. Better visual quality: Artists and photographers report colors are more vivid, vibrant and true. Peripheral vision is not blurred by eyeglass frames. There is no more visual blurring when contact lenses dry out or glasses get smudged.
5. Comfort: Former contact lens wearers report how their eyes feel less dry, less irritated and more comfortable.
6. Cosmetic: Contact lens wearers often notice their eyes appear “whiter”, “brighter”, and more “natural” after Lasik. They enjoy being able to wear over the counter sunglasses. Former eyeglass wearers again appreciate their appearance with no more frames
7. Occupational benefits: Firemen opt for Lasik due to issues with protective masks, police and military personnel due to concerns about eyewear causing problems in an emergency and pilots for increased comfort wearing headsets.
COST OF LASIK
1. Over your lifetime, compared to the cost of contact lenses and glasses, Lasik turns out to be the better savings – an investment in you and your vision.
2. Lasik financing is available with no interest for up to 24 months through CareCredit.com.
3. Lasik is deductible as a medical expense on your federal income taxes.
CarlinVision is a full-service ophthalmology practice for the entire family. Founded in 1977 and located in Snellville, we are the largest most experienced eye care practice in Gwinnett. From glaucoma to diabetic eye care and Lasik to multifocal premium intraocular lens implants for cataracts, our experienced team uses practical, effective and affordable treatments for a full range of vision disorders.
For more information call 770.979.2020 or visit http://www.carlinvision.com
Carlin Vision is located at 2377 Lenora Church Rd, Snellville, GA 30078