Your breasts can be a pain in the neck!
By Earl Stephenson, Jr. MD, DDS
Many women continuously suffer from many years of back and neck pain due disproportionately large breasts.
This physical discomfort generally decreases a woman’s quality of life by limiting a woman’s ability to perform daily activities, limiting her ability to exercise, influence her intimate relationships and decrease her psychological well being.
The goal of breast reduction surgery is to reduce the size of a woman’s breasts and reshape them so that they are proportionate to the rest of your body. This commonly requested, predictable procedure has the dual benefits of improving your appearance while relieving the physical and emotional burden of overly large breasts.
When to Consider Breast Reduction:• If your breasts are too large for your body frame and create neck, back, or shoulder pain
• If you have heavy breasts with nipples and areolas (pigmented skin surrounding the nipples) that point downward
• If one breast is much larger than the other
• If you are unhappy and self-conscious about the large appearance of your breasts
• Related Procedures.
The cost of breast reduction may be covered by insurance when:
• Failed conservative medical management (physical therapy, prescription pain medication, chiropractic care)
• Referral from you primary care physician or Chiropractor
• Your insurance company covers breast reduction surgery
Dr. Stephenson has performed hundreds of breast reduction surgeries over the last eight years. At Signature Plastic Surgery, Dr. Stephenson and his staff will assist you through your breast reduction journey. “Our goal is to make sure that this is an exceptional experience from consult to recovery.”
Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS is Gwinnett’s County’s only dually qualified board certified plastic Surgeon. He is also the founder of SIGNATURE PLASTIC SURGERY. Follow Dr. Stephenson on Twitter, Facebook, Web site (www.signature-plasticsurgery.com) or simply visit with him in our Snellville office by calling (770) 466-4700.