Simple Solutions for Spring
By Chrissy Thomas RN, BSN
Spring has SPRUNG!! The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, and you are feeling the pressure to put on those sundresses and sleeveless tops to show the world you haven’t lost your glow. The number of things we can forgive ourselves in the winter months come cascading back this time of year.
(Could we just keep those girl scouts and their Thin Mints from crossing our paths?) About Face Skin Care has great news for you. With some of our treatments and products, you will be ready for evenings on the patio in no time.
1. Exfoliate! Over time, skin cells need help turning over. During the cooler winter months, it is easy to skip standard scrubs, lotions and even shaving since we are covered. Before you even consider sunless tanning products, you must start with a clean, smooth surface. Need a little help? Try our 180 Skin Polish in your shower. With glycolic and salicylic acids along with cellulose microbeads, this product has soared to be one of our most popular. Pair it with the Clarisonic Body Brush to get maximum at-home treatment. Bring it on! Chemical peels are a great way to quickly treat dry, dead skin on virtually any part of the body. Arms, legs, décolletages, and hands benefit greatly from this type of treatment. Our estheticians can pick the perfect peel to correct your dull skin issues with no downtime.
2. Tame Brown Patches! Whether you suffer from melasma or hyperpigmentation, brown spots are usually a bigger issue in the spring and summer months. Even if you are a diligent sunscreen and shade person, the heat of this season can simulate discolorations. Need a little help? The Skin Medica Brightening Kit available at About Face has a full product line to help correct and prevent issues. From their new and improved Lytera which stops brown spots before they even leave the cellular level, to their incredible SPF that protects the skin from discoloration due to heat exposure, this kit is full of great product at an incredible price. Visit About Face for your free Illuminize Peel (valued at $99) when purchasing this kit. Bring it on! Lumecca IPL is an incredible way to calm brown spots on the skin, as well as tighten tissue that is treated. Lumecca uses a flash of light to break down red and brown pigment in skin and stimulate collagen. Pores tighten and skin looks brighter and tighter.
3. Perfect Pits! Razor bumps in your bikini and armpit area are so unsightly. Waxing may be the answer, but who wants to let hair grow out when the seasons change? Need a little help? Glycolic acid may help exfoliate skin in areas before shaving, and thus, reduce the risk of pesky hairs trying to grow through these areas of dead skin cells and create razor bump issues. Try our Daily Exfoliating Cleanser as your shaving cream and enjoy a closer, bump free shave. Bring it on! Diolaze Laser Hair Removal has been a life changer for so many of our clients. Diolaze is the newest generation laser that cools skin before laser energy is applied creating a more comfortable and safe treatment. Hair must be dark because the laser picks up the melanin in the follicle to target.
4. Strapless Issues? Do you have “Pudgy Pockets” that hang over your strapless dresses? Maybe the backs of your arm are too full or your knees are chubby. Need a little help? Try our Retinol Firming Body Lotion. This lotion utilizes a special blend of ingredients to smooth crinkly skin and tighten fatty areas. Bring it on! Kybella, touted for its amazing ability to break down double chins, is now being used in other areas of the body. This injectable treatment is creating a huge fan base for treating upper arms, knees, saddle bags, jowls and other small problem areas.
5. Shun the SUN! Avoiding the sun’s rays is the best way to ward off the effects of aging. You can still enjoy a golden glow with our tanning products by Famous Dave. The gradual tanning moisturizer and instant tanning bronzer mousse are best sellers every year. These odorless products are a great way to keep skin moisturized and bronzed. Need a little help? Try our full line of Elta MD Sun Protection Products. This company is known for their Physician Grade sun protection with a variety of products from daily spf moisturizers, lip products, daily lotion with spf, aerosol block, and the ever-popular sport block. Everyone from moms of small children to tennis players to landscapers restock for the season every year. Bring it on! Top off your sun protection! Stop by About Face Skin Care and browse our full line of UV blocking gloves, ponchos, wraps and scarves by SPF Addict and Coolibar. Also, check out our impressive line of Tula sun hats with uv protection.
6. Get Moving! About Face Skin Care knows the number one anti-ager is EXERCISE!! About Mind and Body, located within About Face Skin Care, is a boutique fitness center with a full schedule of strength training, Barre’, Yoga, Pilates, Piloxing, Kickboxing, and circuit classes. Contact our AMB Program Director, Tonya McNally, at 770-935-3223 for a free consultation and tour of our facility.
Never fear, About Face Skin Care and About Mind and Body are here! Give us a call to talk through your anti-aging needs. Call 770-935-FACE (3223) or schedule online at www.aboutfaceskin.com. Our facility is located on Janmar Road off Highway 124 behind Lowes. We have just celebrated our 15th year in business and would love to have you join us!
(Published April 2017)