By Kelly Farris, ACSM CPT
Owner of Ladies Workout Snellville
You have reached your weight-loss goals! Good job! Now comes the process of figuring out how to maintain all that hard work!
We Americans put a good deal of time, effort and money into the pursuit of weight-loss. However, permanent weight-loss can prove tricky. The following suggestions are designed to aid you on your journey and maintain your progress.
1. Write it down! Keep a food log for 3 days to get a baseline of your eating habits. If pen and paper are not for you there are a number of really good food tracking apps available.
2. Be honest with yourself. What must take place for you to adhere to a regimen? If it feels impossible, modify the plan to make it possible.
3. Clean house. Your home must support you in your efforts to maintain your weight-loss. Let the cookies stay at the grocery store and not in your cupboards.
4. Stay on the move! Find physical activities that you love and do them often. They can be more focused on maintenance than results and should easily incorporate into your life’s routine.
5. Reach out to like-minded friends, family and members of your community. A little support and a workout buddy can go a long way towards keeping you on track.
6. Get on the scale! Keeping tabs on your weight can alert you to fluctuations and allows for adjustments accordingly. Research has found this to be KEY in maintaining weight-loss.
7. Make yourself accountable. Find a weight loss coach. Reporting your monthly behavior and status to another person can extra incentive to stick to any plan.
(Muth, IDEA Fitness Journal, Vol 13, Issue 2, Jan 2016)
Reaching a weight-loss goal is an amazing achievement. If you are strong enough to reach that goal in the first place you are strong enough to maintain it. You owe it to yourself! You are going to do GREAT!
Kelly Farris is the owner of Ladies Workout Snellville and the President of KLF Fitness.
For more information visit http://www.ladiesworkoutexpresssnellville.com.
Follow and LIKE Ladies Workout Snellville at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ladies-Workout-Snellville