• The December 7, 1921 issue of The Gwinnett Journal reported that J.J. Baggett and G.C. Montgomery were elected Lawrenceville City Councilmen. The paper also reported that there were five women registered to vote but only one voted.
• The Tuesday December 22, 1936 issue of The Gwinnett Journal advertised that the J. Frank Green grocery store was selling t-bone steak for 25 cents a pound; bacon for 35 cents a pound and center cut pork ham for 30 cents a pound.
• The December 6, 1938 issue of The Gwinnett Journal reported that Grayson played Dacula in the Gwinnett Basketball League and Grayson won with a 25 to 19 score. The December issue also reported that Dr. C.C. Kelley and Jim Vic Hood were elected to the Board of Education. F.Q. Sammon, Jr. was Mayor and M.V. Frazier and Henry Wages were elected to the City Council.
• The December 23, 1941 issue of The Gwinnett Journal reported that a local unit of civil defense was organized with P.V. Kelley as coordinator. CURRENT EVENTS: •The Berkmar High National Honors Society, school council and Parent Teacher Student Association sponsored a school wide campaign to produce 3,500 thank you letters to military personnel. Berkmar High Students wrote 9,000 letters to those serving in the military.
LAWRENCEVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CELEBRATION,
• UGA student Alex Reinecke was selected as one of 12 undergraduates to serve as an orientation leader during the summer of 2014.
• The Snellville Historical Society has acquired the original school bell and will return it to the old school grounds now owned by the Snellville United Methodist Church where it will be visible from Highway 78. The bell was donated by the Wendell Martin Family and Clark Britt has authenticated the bell as the original School House Bell. Chad Smith has designed a tower to hold the bell. The Snellville Historical Society welcomes donations to assist in this project; if you wish to make a donation please contact a member of the Snellville Historical Society or go to the Society offices in the City Hall.