GA Department of Driver Services (DDS) Commissioner Spencer R. Moore urges customers to check for driver license and ID services online at www.dds.georgia.gov even during the Agency's weather emergency closings. One service that may particularly helpful during this weather emergency is the ability to replace a driver's license online and immediately drive on the receipt until the new card arrives.
"DDS online services are available around the clock even though our offices may be closed due to weather or any other scheduled closing," said Commissioner Moore. "In addition, all centers will be extremely busy when we are able to reopen so please consider online services or waiting until later to visit in person.
Many transactions can be done via computer or cellphone including:
• Replace a lost or stolen license AND drive on the receipt until the card is delivered
• Renew Online (if you have a Gold Star on your license and are age 64 or younger)
• Skip a Step! Submit your paperwork before arriving at a DDS location for faster service.
• Check wait times by location
• Change your address
• View, print or email details on your Suspension or Reinstatement
• Pay any Super Speeder, Reinstatement or Pending Suspension fines and/or fees
• Check your license status especially after paying tickets to verify that your driving record has been updated
• Request your Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
The first business day following a closure is typically very busy statewide, so please plan accordingly. Customers are able to check wait times online and also submit paperwork using Skip A Step! before arriving to improve your wait time.