Lawrenceville – Election season has arrived and Gwinnett voters should make note of the many opportunities to cast their ballot. This is the first election year after the Census notified Gwinnett County they meet the threshold for compliance with Section 203 of the Voting Rights Act requiring both English and Spanish language voter registration and elections materials.
Georgia law allows people to vote ahead of Election Day through Advance Voting. Advance Voting for the May 22 General Primary/Nonpartisan Election in Gwinnett runs from April 30 to May 18 (except Sundays) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Gwinnett Board of Voter Registrations and Elections Office at 455 Grayson Highway, Suite 200, Lawrenceville. There is no voting on the Monday before Election Day.
To provide voters additional opportunities to cast their ballot, the Elections Office is opening seven satellite locations for Advance Voting on Saturday, May 12 and from May 14 to May 18 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The additional satellite locations are:
• Bogan Park Community Recreation Center, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford
• Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Old Auburn Ave., Dacula
• George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee
• Lenora Park Gym, 4515 Lenora Church Road, Snellville
• Lucky Shoals Park Gym, 4651 Britt Road, Norcross
• Mountain Park Park Activity Building, 1063 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain
• Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth
Voters can also request an absentee by mail ballot. A completed application must be received before an absentee ballot can be issued. To request an application by mail or fax, complete the form online or contact the Voter Registrations and Elections Division at 678-226-7210.
Voters can submit the application using one of the following methods:
• Scan the completed application and email it to email@example.com
• Fax it to 678-226-7275 or 678-226-7208
• Deliver the application in person to the Voter Registrations and Elections Division office at 455 Grayson Highway, Suite 200, Lawrenceville
• Mail it to Gwinnett County Voter Registrations and Elections Division, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville, Ga. 30046
The last day the Elections Office can mail ballots is the Friday before the election, which is May 18 for the upcoming primary/nonpartisan election on May 22.
Voted absentee ballots must be received in the Elections Office by 7 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted. Ballots may not be turned into polling locations on Election Day for counting.
Voters can view sample ballots, learn their Election Day polling place, and check their voter registration status on the My Voter Page on the Georgia Secretary of State website.
Other important election dates:
• May 22: Primary/Nonpartisan/Special Election
• June 25: Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the General Primary Runoff for congressional races (if needed)
• July 24: Primary/Nonpartisan/Special Election Runoff (If needed)
• Oct. 9: Last day for a person to register to vote in the General Election
• Nov. 6: General Election
• Dec. 4: General Election State and Local Runoff (if needed)
• Dec.10: Last day for a person to register to vote in the General Election Runoff for congressional races (if needed)
• Jan. 8, 2019: Congressional Race Runoff (if needed)