BUFORD – Are you ready for the 2018-2019 school year to begin? Well, ready or not, here it comes! The third installment of Gwinnett County Community Health Fairs will host a Back-to-School Bash and health fair with inside and outside fun on Saturday, August 18 at Bogan Park (located at 2723 N. Bogan Rd.) in Buford, Georgia from 10am-2pm to help you and your family get ready to go back to school. This is a free event.
All ages are welcome to join us at Bogan Park for a final day of summer fun before school gets back into full swing. There will be inflatables, games, train rides, free health screenings, giveaways and more! Plus a School Supply Drive to benefit Gwinnett County Schools.
Highlights of the event are:
• School Supply Drive to benefit Gwinnett County Schools – Patrick Elementary and Twin Rivers Middle Schools in Buford. Bring supplies and receive a raffle ticket for each item donated to win Cirque Corteo tickets, Rockin' Jump birthday party or school supply basket of goodies
• Amerigroup is hosting a Back-to-School STYLE TOUR – handing out a free uniform shirt or t-shirt plus a pair of socks for kids
• Inflatables, Games, Train Rides, Fire Truck, Atlanta United 2 activities & giveaways
• Free Health Screenings for all ages
• LifeSouth Blood Drive including free cholesterol screening
• Educational speakers (Immunization – check out the Gwinnett Co. Health Dept. speaking on Immunization 101: Requirements for School, Laws and needed forms...plus more speakers and topics)
• Free Health Screenings including: cancer genetic screening, acupuncture tongue and pulse diagnosis, nerve system scan, immunization/vaccine info, blood pressure check
• Free Bag of goodies and community resources (first 200 families)
• Health & Back-to-School vendors
• Food Vendors
Admission is Free.
The 2018 Gwinnett County Health Fair series is presented by Gwinnett Medical Center and The Ashford Center and sponsored by Gwinnett Daily Post, Live Healthy Gwinnett, Gwinnett County Parks & Rec., Humana, Gwinnett Stripers, Buford Dental Associates, and Gwinnett 200.
Two previous health fair events have occurred in the series, on March 10 at Rhodes Jordan Park in Lawrenceville and May 5 at George Pierce Park in Suwanee. The fourth and final health fair will occur on November 10 at Lucky Shoals Park in Norcross.