Eastside Medical Center is proud to announce that 27 finalists from the Eastside system of care will be recognized at the Gwinnett Chamber’s Healthcare Awards on December 5. The program honors leading healthcare providers who make an impact in the community. The healthcare awards program raises awareness and illustrates best practices to emulate, while enhancing the quality of care in Gwinnett County.
“We are honored that we have been nominated by our colleagues and the community for the Gwinnett Chamber Healthcare Awards. We are fortunate to be a part of such a thriving community and we are looking forward to celebrating alongside our fellow healthcare partners at the awards ceremony,” said Trent Lind, Chief Executive Officer at Eastside Medical Center.
Awards are designated in the following categories: Allied Health, Altruistic Contributor, Community Wellness, Corporate Innovation, Distinguished Leader, Emerging Executive, Healthcare Agency, Healthcare Professional, Lasting Legacy, Physician of the Year (Dentist, Primary Care and Specialist) and Volunteer Service.
“Our community is at the forefront of innovation in the healthcare sector,” said Dr. Dan Kaufman, Gwinnett Chamber President and Chief Executive Officer. “These readily available advanced options are not only beneficial for residents, but they also enhance our economic development efforts making the area attractive for investment.”
Eastside Medical Center celebrates the following finalists in the below categories:
• Ellen Nicholas, Allied Health Professional
• Sharon Mitchell, Allied Health Professional
• Susan Little, Allied Health Professional
• Laura Hannah, Altruistic Contributor
• Pat Lincoln, Altruistic Contributor
• Hope Moeck, Community Wellness
• Eastside Urgent Care, Community Wellness
• DASH, Corporate Innovation
• MAKO, Corporate Innovation
• Betty Cao, Distinguished Leader
• Kevin Dalrymple, Distinguished Leader
• Margaret Collier, Distinguished Leader
• Dr. Stephen Higgins, Distinguished Leader
• Tracey Smithson, Distinguished Leader
• Trent Lind, Distinguished Leader
• Amy Wheeler, Emerging Executive
• Eastside Heart & Vascular, Healthcare Agency
• Clinton Chambers, Healthcare Professional
• Elizabeth Long, Healthcare Professional
• Joan Lawley, Healthcare Professional
• Rob Andrews, Healthcare Professional
• Dr. David Poynter, Physician of the Year: Primary Care
• Dr. Joshua Behlmann, Physician of the Year: Primary Care
• Dr. Sangita Sharma, Physician of the Year: Primary Care
• Dr. Abdul Ahmed, Physician of the Year: Specialist
• Dr. Niraj Sharma, Physician of the Year: Specialist
• Dr. Peter Mann, Physician of the Year: Specialist
Winners will be unveiled at a ceremony from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 5, at the Infinite Energy Forum. For more information, visit GwinnettHealthcareAwards.com.