As of today, tax bills can be viewed and paid online.
Tax Commissioner Richard Steele announced today that 2019 property tax bills are being mailed in batches beginning today and are due Oct. 15.
Taxpayers may view and/or pay their bills online today from any Internet-connected device at www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com. Property owners who signed up for paperless billing receive their bills today via secure email.
Ways to pay include:
· Paying online via e-check is simple, secure and incurs no added convenience fee.
· Paying via debit card incurs a flat $3.95 fee and credit cards incur a 2.25 percent fee.
· Scheduling payments in advance, as long as the total is paid by the due date.
· Mailing checks to P.O. Box 372, Lawrenceville, Georgia, 30046.
· Dropping off checks 24/7 in drop boxes located at every tag office.
· Paying in person with cash, check, money order, debit card ($3.95 flat fee) or credit card (2.25 percent fee) during stated business hours at any Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner's Office.
For property owners with escrow accounts, tax information is made available to mortgage companies; however, the property owner is responsible to ensure taxes are paid by the due date. Escrow account holders unsure about who is paying the property tax should contact their mortgage company directly.
For homes that were sold this year, both the former and current owners will receive a 2019 tax bill, click here to learn why.
To receive your property tax bill via email next year, sign up at GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com/paperless.
Property owners who have questions or need assistance may contact the Tax Commissioner's Office at Tax@GwinnettCounty.com or (770) 822-8800.
About the Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner
Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner Richard Steele is a constitutionally-elected official responsible to bill, collect and disburse personal and property taxes and to administer homestead exemptions. Serving also as an agent for the state of Georgia, the tax commissioner registers and titles motor vehicles and disburses associated revenue.