Pay online and incur no added convenience fees through Dec. 1.
Tax Commissioner Richard Steele reminds homeowners that 2020 property tax bills are due Dec. 1. Taxpayers may pay their bills online from any internet-connected device at www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com/pay.
• Paying online via e-check is simple, secure and incurs no added convenience fee.
• This year because of a CARES Act grant, paying via debit or credit card also incurs no added convenience fee.
• Mailed payments postmarked Dec. 1 or prior are accepted as timely; metered mail dates are not. The payment address is P.O. Box 372, Lawrenceville, GA 30046.
• Payments by check may be placed in drop boxes 24/7 at any tag office.
• In-person payments with cash, check, money order, debit card or credit card are accepted during stated business hours at any Gwinnett Tax Commissioner's Office.
Property owners with escrow accounts are responsible to ensure their mortgage company pays the taxes by the due date and can verify they have been paid online at www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com/ViewPayYourTaxes.
Both sellers and buyers of homes sold this year receive tax bills because the Jan. 1 owner is responsible for the current year's taxes. Sellers should monitor their accounts to ensure taxes are paid and can learn more at GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com/sold.
Property owners who have questions or need assistance may contact the Tax Commissioner's Office via email at Tax@GwinnettCounty.com or by telephone at (770) 822-8800 or by chat via any connected device at GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com.