85% say the Gwinnett County city offers a “good sense of community.”
PEACHTREE CORNERS, GA., April 24, 2017 -- Gwinnett County’s newest city has yet to celebrate its 5th birthday but already has been ranked statewide as among the top 10 best suburbs to live in Georgia according to one online ranking and review site.
The City of Peachtree Corners was named 8th among Georgia’s 100 best suburbs in 2017. Suwanee, Berkely Lake, Duluth, Sugar Hill, Grayson, Buford, Braselton, Snellville, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Dacula, Norcross, and Loganville also ranked in Gwinnett County.
• “The area is pedestrian-friendly with large sidewalks lining the sides of the roads and provides access to major highways.… Office parks and retail stores provide an abundance of job opportunities.”
• “I love the fact that I-285 and I-85 are literally around the corner.”
• “Beautiful, clean and a close knit community that is in the middle of everything, roads, schools and great food places.”
• “It’s easy to get to the major highways and … it’s also a 15-20 minute drive to downtown Atlanta.”
• “It is an area that is surrounded by great schools, diverse people and easy, convenient shopping. It has a great atmosphere for children and filled with many things to do for the family.”
The report by Niche.com uses data from a number of sources including the U.S. Education, U.S. Census Bureau, the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report and others.