Emmet Cahill, Ireland’s most exciting young tenor and a principal vocalist with the well-renowned Irish show Celtic Thunder, will present a concert at The Red Clay Music Foundry on August 2 at 7:30 p.m.
Cahill’s appearance in Charlotte is part of a North American tour to promote his debut orchestral album, “Emmet Cahill’s Ireland” on the Sony Music label. The album went to #1 on the Amazon, iTunes and Billboard World Music charts.
“Emmet Cahill’s Ireland” is comprised of beloved Irish classics and folk tunes from the countryside, with Cahill accompanied by theNational Symphony Orchestra of Ireland. Listeners will recognize “Danny Boy” and “When Irish Eyes are Smiling” and will come to know and love some less-familiar ballads, such as “Oft in the StillyNight” and “My Cavan Girl.”
The 26-year-old from Mullingar, County Westmeath is passionate about sharing songs from his homeland to a new generation of music lovers.“I am very proud to be Irish,” says Cahill. “I want people to feel a real connection to the songs, as well as the people and the stories that they represent. There has always been a special relationship between the Irish and American people and I want to further enrich that friendship.”
2016 was a banner year for Cahill, who not only toured as a solo artist but also as a lead singer with Celtic Thunder. The group’s wildly successful “Legacy” show covered 72 cities across the United States and Canada last fall. Cahill capped off the year with sold-out “Christmas in Ireland” solo concerts in large churches along theEast Coast, singing seasonal favorites and sharing holiday memories of his childhood in Ireland.
Cahill continues to challenge himself as a solo artist, always taking on new opport
nities and testing the boundaries of his musical character. In March, Cahill headlined two concerts with the Space Coast Symphony Orchestra in Florida, and he will sing with several orchestras this summer. Cahill is also slated to perform at Carnegie Hall in New York City in 2018.
Growing up in a musical household, pursuing a career in music was a natural path for Cahill to take. From the tender age of four, his father began teaching him to play the piano. At age seven, Cahill began voice lessons, leading to a 5-year Schola Cantorum music scholarship in secondary school to study voice, piano, organ, and violin. He then went on to receive formal classical training in opera at the prestigiousRoyal Irish Academy of Music (RIAM) in Dublin.
While at the RIAM, Cahill was named “Most Promising Young Singer” and “Most Promising Young Tenor” by the John McCormack Society. He has also enjoyed success as a multiple prize winner in various classical music competitions across Ireland. In 2013, The Irish Music Association(IMA) named Cahill “Tenor of the Year” for his work on stage in theUnited States.
In addition to performing selections from his debut album, Cahill will also sing Broadway favorites, movie hits and folk classics plus an occasional operatic aria that will showcase his classical vocal training received at the RIAM.
General admission tickets for Emmet Cahill’s concert are $30 and may be purchased online at http://www.emmetcahill.com/tour-dates/. A limited number of Meet & Greet tickets, which include a pre-concert meeting with Cahill plus the concert, are available for $45.
Danny Boy”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlYwkAolA-0
“Amazing Grace”: https://www.facebook.com/158928754151170/videos/1290227921021242/
“When Irish Eyes Are Smiling”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ucINdvD0-s
“Beauty and the Beast”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1b14lNpPW0
“Wild Mountain Thyme”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf8sXiifEeo
“My Cavan Girl”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUCFy7_tcZs
“Dream A Little Dream”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgdbiKmpnFg
“How Great Thou Art” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTfFB3GtnBE
• Principal vocalist with Irish music show Celtic Thunder since 2011, performing in more than 500 shows across North America and Australia
• Three #1 albums on the World Billboard’s chart with Celtic Thunder
• Performed at the Pentagon and Radio City Music Hall with Celtic Thunder
• Solo artist since 2015; each year performing in over 40 cities in the USA
• Debut orchestral album, “Emmet Cahill’s Ireland,” released in February 2017 on Sony Music USA; a compilation of traditional Irish songs
• “Emmet Cahill’s Ireland” reached #1 on the Amazon, iTunes and Billboard World Music charts
• Opened the 2017 St. Patrick’s Day parade in New York City with a performance of “Danny Boy””
• Headlined two concerts with Space Coast Symphony Orchestra in March 2017; performing three concerts with Symphony of the Mountains in July 2017
• Slated to perform at Carnegie Hall in New York City in March 2018
• TV appearances include PBS, “The Today Show,” “Fox & Friends,” “Home & Family” and QVC, plus local morning TV programs across the country
• Voted “Tenor of the Year” by The Irish Music Association (IMA) in 2013
• Won 5-year Schola Cantorum scholarship in secondary school and studied voice, piano, organ, and violin
• Named “Most Promising Young Tenor” by the John McCormack Society in 2010
• Received formal classical training in opera at the Royal Irish Academy of Music in Dublin
• Multiple prizewinners at the National Feis Ceoil singing competition in Ireland
• Sang the Irish National Anthem to a crowd of 90,000 at Croke Park Stadium in Dublin twice
• Performed for former President of Ireland Mary McAleese
• Cantor at Cathedral of Christ the King Church in his hometown of Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Eddie Owen Presents ... "Life is in the Song"
Red Clay Music Foundry | 3116 Main St | Duluth GA 30096
www.eddieowenpresents.com | EOP Facebook | EOP Twitter |EOP Live