The Cornett Hotel circa 1914 sits on the corner of Crogan and Perry Streets. It was also known as the Hotel Pharr and Button Gwinnett Hotel. Today, the corner has been remodeled, housing Dominick’s Italian restaurant.
County seat coming full circle
By Katie Hart Smith
Lawrenceville, Georgia, located approximately thirty miles east of the city of Atlanta, is the county seat of Gwinnett County. The municipality was named in honor of Captain James Lawrence, a naval officer during the War of 1812 who commanded the Chesapeake.