Gwinnett Medical Cancer Care Center Sip and Shop
Please mark your calendars and plan to stop by our Sip and Shop fundraiser on October 18th, from noon to 7 PM to help cancer patients at Gwinnett Medical’s Cancer Care Center. According to their financial team and Camron Hampshire, their social worker, it is the consensus that about 40-45% will need assistance in paying for their treatments, medications, supplies (ie. lymphodema sleeves), etc. Also, new infusion chairs are desperately needed for the center.
Please allow me to address a few frequently asked questions:
How do I enter Sugarloaf Country Club, since it’s a gated community:
- Please tell the guard that you are here for the Sip and Shop. Each driver will be asked to show her driver’s license.
- Feel free to park in my culdesac, if there is room, or on Glen Mary Place or Cypress Pond Pass (near the intersection of Glen Mary Place and Cypress Pond Pass). Carpooling with your friends is always good.
- Absolutely not! A covered red car will pick you up at your parked car and deliver you to my home, and then return you to your car when you are through shopping.
- Rain or Shine, the Sip and Shop will go on! Actually, the weather forecast for next Tuesday is Sunny and in the 80’s, a perfect shopping day.
- Please come, even if you don’t get around to RSVP’ing. RSVP’s just help us get a general count for food and beverages.
Please make your checks out to the Women’s Cancer Council. We are a 501 (c) 3, and we will make sure you get a receipt. Your entire donation will go to the Patient Ambulatory Fund and the Infusion Center.
Could we have more details on the vendors?
- Piper Lillies is a fabulous home décor and gift boutique. They are renting a truck to deliver merchandise to my home! They will have photo frames, collegiate serveware, raincoats, sign art, tons of hostess gifts, candles, serving trays, Holiday décor and ornaments, lots of Mud Pie accessories, handmade jewelry, and more home décor.
- GG’s Fashion Forward is a boutique on wheels! They renovated a U Haul and even have a fitting room! Their inventory includes scarves, sweaters, boots, vintage jewelry, tops, skirts….. Their prices are so reasonable, since they have no storefront overhead. Many of you remember them from a fundraiser at my home two years ago, and you loved their merchandise.
- Rhonda Oakley, last night’s Bunco hostess, is our Pampered Chef vendor! We all love the cooking utensils, cookbooks, and bake ware from Pampered Chef. She will have almost their entire inventory on display. We will serve Pampered Chef appetizers all day, and you can even watch her prepare some of them!
- Premier Jewelry is back. Judy has beautiful pieces of costume jewelry on display. The prices are very reasonable, and the jewelry is well made. She will have tons of “cash and carry” items, too.
- VSOP Olive & Vinegar Taproom specializes in the finest Extra Virgin Olive Oils, Balsamic Vinegars, and Specialty Oils & Vinegars from around the world. All of their products are of superior quality and contain only natural ingredients. They will be doing tastings at our show. They will also have gift sets on display.
- Picked to Impress has personalized gifts for everyone, from pajamas, to mugs, to water bottles, to cutting boards, to ornaments………….Some of the items are very unique and perfect for hostess gifts and stocking stuffers.
- doTerra Essential Oils will be displayed by Lauranell, a hospice nurse, who has seen these oils produce some wonderful results in her patients. Having seen for themselves the incredible benefits that can be had from using these precious resources, a group of health-care and business professionals set out to make this mission a reality.