June 19-23 Set to Honor Gwinnett Small Businesses
The Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners unanimously passed a proclamation at its March 21 board meeting, declaring June 19-23 as the fourth annual ‘Gwinnett Small Business Week’.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are more than 17,000 businesses with fewer than 10 employees in Gwinnett, making up 75 percent of the businesses in the county; 98 percent have 50 employees or fewer. During the last 20 years, small businesses were responsible for creating 64 percent of net new jobs in the United States.
“The Gwinnett Chamber is committed to providing access to the education and resources that will assist our small businesses with starting, sustaining and succeeding,” said Vince DeSilva, Senior Vice President, Membership Services of the Gwinnett Chamber. “With access to the necessary tools required to manage their businesses more effectively, entrepreneurs and small businesses will play a significant role in seeing that our community and local economy thrive.” In celebration of Small Business Week, the Gwinnett Chamber has developed a week-long calendar of events focusing specifically on helping small business owners succeed:
• Monday, June 19 – Small Business Essentials: The best small business resources you’re not using. Bring your questions for this panel of experts.
• Tuesday, June 20 – Workshop: Content for Email Marketing - What to Say and How to Say It. This work-shop will teach you the time-saving tips, techniques, and yes, even apps that will help your content - and the way you share it - succeed!
• Wednesday, June 21 – ‘Doing Business with Gwinnett County’ Half-Day Learning Opportunity: Learn how to find opportunities and effectively con-duct business with Gwinnett County. Discover what is expected from suppliers and the basic how-to’s of doing business with Gwinnett County.
• Thursday, June 22 – Conversations, Connections & Cocktails: Speed Net-working from 5:30 – 7 p.m., followed by open networking, appetizers & other refreshments from 7 – 8 p.m.
• Friday, June 23 – Small Business Social – Arena Tavern Close out a fantastic week while you mix, mingle and network.
The Board of Commissioners, the Gwinnett Chamber and other local leaders are committed to creating and ensuring the right business climate in which to help small businesses and their visionary leaders succeed. In addition to the community’s pro-business environment, there is a vast array of resources available to assist entrepreneurs and small businesses in Gwinnett. For more information on these and other Chamber Small Business programming, visit www. GwinnettChamber.org.