Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) says Happy Veterans Day to all current and former members of the United States Armed Forces!
“DDS welcomes the opportunity to honor Georgia’s veterans with special services all year long,” said DDS Commissioner Spencer R, Moore. “Thank you to all veterans for your sacrifice, bravery, and service! I am especially proud of the veterans that are part of the DDS team, who serve in many roles throughout the state. I encourage you to visit our website (www.dds.georgia.gov) to review the special military licensing options available, because it is our way of saying thank you!”
DDS supports veterans and our active military several ways including:
• Offering free licenses and IDs for Qualified Veterans who submit their Armed Forces Separation Papers (DD-214) or a Certificate of Eligibility (DS-516B) from the Georgia Department of Veteran Services.
• Providing specially designed patriotic driver’s licenses and ID cards for veterans
• Offering free licenses and IDs for active National Guardsmen upon presentation of eligibility from their command
• Honorary Licenses/IDs for the spouse of a decreased veteran or the spouse of a disabled veteran who does not drive
• Troops to Trucks Program – Special licensing process for military personnel to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
• Special testing exemptions for troops and their dependents who have an approved military motorcycle safety program
• Special testing exemptions for troops who have held a commercial vehicle license during service
• Accepts certificates for military supervised Risk-Reduction Programs
• Courtesy renewals by mail for active troops and their dependents stationed out of state
• Fort Benning, GA is home to the first DDS customer service center located on a military installation; provides convenient licensing services to the approximately 120,000 military, reservists, retirees and civilian personnel who support the Base daily
Please visit www.dds.georgia.gov for complete licensing, driver education, and testing information including the opportunity to submit your paperwork before arriving to save time.