Tax Commissioner Richard Steele announced that 2014 property tax bills will be mailed to Gwinnett County taxpayers by August 1.
All bills will have a single-installment due date of October 1. Taxpayers may choose to make partial payments as long as the total due is paid by the due date.
For property owners with an escrow account, tax information is available to the mortgage company; however, it is ultimately the responsibility of the property owner to ensure taxes are paid by the due date. If there are questions about who will pay the taxes, homeowners should contact their mortgage company directly, especially if their mortgage company has recently changed.
There are several options for property tax payment:
• Pay online by check, credit or debit cards at GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com
• (Paying by check is free; debit cards: $3.95 flat fee; credit card: 2.29% service fee)
• Mailing payments to P.O. Box 375, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
• Pay by check using drop boxes 24 hours a day at all Tax Commissioner offices
• Pay in person during business hours at all Tax Commissioner offices
View your property tax information at www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com and if you have questions, contact the office at Tax@gwinnettcounty.com or 770-822-8800.