Advertise With Us


Tim Golden, BrightStar Care

Ask the Senior Care Expert | What can I do if a person close to me desperately needs help but refuses to acknowledge that they do – Part II

Last month I tackled the topic of guardianships and conservatorships. As a quick review, if someone is incapacitated either due to disease or injury an “interested person” can petition the court to make those financial decisions (conservatorship) or non-financial decisions (guardian-ship) on behalf of the incapacitated individual. Sounds complicated, doesn’t it?